November 1, 2007 NailingEdit
says multitasking is dangerous
Dr. Colbert says it makes us efficient
Mr Kirn goes driving while receiving naked pictures from his girlfriend and then attempts to add a third task.
Mr. Kirn was Dr. Colbert's last guest before the strike.
May 19, 2009 NailingEdit
- book: "Lost in the Meritocracy: The Undereducation of an Overachiever"</i>
- has a new book that asks if higher educsaiton is failing our students; Dr. Colbert wants to know if high students are failing our education?
- Stephen will be his personal GPS System
- he learned that few
- overeducated? undereducated
- Ivy League Schools turn people into elites
- it must be better because it costs more
- he says landscaping is better
- they also serve quail
- doesn't reward depth
- what gets rewarded
- define words like insipiant(?)
- good at cocktail parties, but not competent
- Texas Rangers still exist
- haul up the ladder after he reaches the top
- what does he want out of education?
- it is safer to be sending people to war, not going
- graduate knowing how to fix internal cumbustion engine
- get along with people unlike themselves
- know the diff between Iraq, Iran
- know there's a diff between Sunni, Shia Muslims
- he attended Princeton
- his book is average
- average among his 99% percentile
- for The Heroes it's great!