The Man (if that is his real name) is the archenemy of hippies. According to the hippies, he is a repressive Freedom Hater who enjoys keeping people "down" and not paying workers enough money. "Far out, man!"
The man is a proverbial guy who hates it when people stick 'it' to him. According to liberals, he represents all that is wrong in America. The man is typically white, liberal, and rich enough to be politically dangerous without being a billionaire, which is why they hate him.
In homage to "The Man", American youth occasionally call each other "the man" as a term of admiration.
Ways in which hippies try to 'stick it to the man'Edit
- not voting Republican
- not watching The Colbert Report
- refusing to shower
- Reading books instead of Wikiality.com
- giving away money (or any other communist endeavor)
Examples of 'the man'Edit
- John Edwards - the man loves fancy hair cuts!
- Michael Moore - the man also apparently loves donuts!
- Bill Clinton - power corrupts; absolute power stains
- Hillary Clinton - more man than most males in America
- Al Gore - one of the new wave of rich corporate hippie 'the mens'