He's not saying it any more, and neither should you.
|DO NOT SAY|
12. LONG WAR
The Long War
is was the Pentagon's new name for the War on Terror. Rumsfeld can pretty much call it what he wants but we're screwed. According to Stephen Colbert, breakthroughs in conflict-name technology may spare future generations from ever having to suffer through peace again.
Or not. Apparently, the name "the long war" made some people think of a "lengthy conflict."
The name replacing "The Long War" is Freemerican Victernity Made in China.
The Wørd Edit
The Long War was the title of The Wørd on 3/2/06 Episode of The Colbert Report.
Quotes From The Episode:
- "... I Think Everyone Can Agree That The Original Term War on Terror didn't cut it ( Bullet: Or Win It)
- "... Then For A While It Was The Struggle Against Global Extremism, But Struggle Sounds like You Are A Mouse Stuck On A Glue Trap (Bullet : Or An Army Stuck In Iraq)
- "... This Undefined Open Ended War On Anything Gives Us A lot of Freedom (Bullet: To Fight Forever Against Everything)
Things Real Americans Would Never Do Edit
- Chase Away Military Recuiters (someone has to fight in the long war, if not you then who?)
- Terry Gilliam's Brazil...
- Interviewer... Do you think that the government is winning the battle against terrorists?
- Defense Minister Helpmann... Oh yes. Our morale is much higher than theirs, we're fielding all their strokes, running a lot of them out, and pretty consistently knocking them for six. I'd say they're nearly out of the game.
- Interviewer...But the bombing campaign is now in its thirteenth year ...
- Defense Minister Helpmann...Beginner's luck.