Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The DNA will be digitized and sent to the International Space Station.
In October, video game designer Richard Garriott will travel to the station and deposit Colbert's genes for an "Immortality Drive."
- "I am thrilled to have my DNA shot into space, as this brings me one step closer to my
- lifelong dream of being the baby at the end of 2001: A Space Odyssey"
Garriott, one of few private citizens to travel into space, is collecting material for a time capsule of human DNA, a history of humanity's greatest achievements and personal messages.
The beloved host of "The Colbert Report" will essentially be preserved so that aliens can clone him:
- "In the unlikely event that Earth and humanity are destroyed, mankind can be resurrected
- with Stephen Colbert's DNA," Garriott said in a statement. "Is there a better person for us
- to turn to for this high-level responsibility?"