Mr. Hsu was captured by the Justice Department, already overburdened with the William Jefferson $90,000 in the freezer case, the Sandy Berger documents in the underwear case and the still unsolved who murdered Vince Foster investigation.
Facts About Norman HsuEdit
Legal status: Pleaded no contest to grand theft in a 1991 California case related to a scheme to defraud investors. Agreed to serve up to three years, but did not show up for sentencing.
Occupation: Active in raising funds for Democratic candidates; describes himself as an apparel executive.
Board affiliations: Board of trustees, the New School (New York); board of governors, Eugene Lang College, the New School for Liberal Arts (New York).
Education: Bachelor of arts in computer science, UC Berkeley, 1973; master of business administration, the Wharton School, 1981.
Where Hsu's Filthy, Filthy Money WentEdit
- Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee…$46,200
- Democratic National Committee…$35,000
- Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-N.Y.)…$22,600
- Rep. Doris Matsui (D-Sacramento)…$10,100
- Sen. Edward M. Kennedy (D-Mass.)…$4,000
- Sen. John F. Kerry (D-Mass.)…$4,000
- Al Franken, U.S. Senate candidate from Minnesota…$2,300
- Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.)…$7,000
- Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.)…$1,000