The Metaphor Off! between Stephen Colbert and Sean Penn took place on the April 19, 2007 edition of The Colbert Report.
Special Guest ModeratorEdit
- Author of such metaphors as the resonating grail of memory and the sorrow gathered in ruffles at his throat and cuffs, former U.S. Poet Laureate Robert Pinsky.
- Standard Metaphor-Off! rules applied.
- Penn's buzzer was an apple, representing man's thirst for knowledge.
- Dr. Colbert's buzzer was a gun, representing a penis.
- Let it be noted that Sean Penn has neither knowledge or a penis. Nailed!
- World Leaders
- Human Emotions
- Bonus Round: Visual Clue
ScoringEditThree rounds worth one point each, plus a final round with 10 million points, which could decide the winner.
Round One: no points awarded
Round Two: no points awarded
Round Three: 1 point awarded to Dr. Colbert
Final Round: 10 million points awarded to Sean Penn
- Sam Dawson, from I Am Sam
- Matthew Poncelet, from Dead Man Walking
- Jeff Spicoli, from Fast Times at Ridgemont High