Laser is a scientific invention. It gets it's name from: light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation.
In the movies lasers are dangerous and cut things in half. Outside of Hollywood, lasers have practical functions.
Things The Laser Has Made PossibleEdit
- The scene in Entrapment when Catherine Zeta-Jones maneuvers her lovely derriere through a maze of lasers
- Grocery checkout systems that only require the item to be swiped 6 times
- Hanging pictures straight without the need for pencils or lasers
- Hours of entertainment for kittens
- The ability to light a pile of wood, as displayed by Stephen Colbert
- A way to painfully defeat liberals, Jews, gays, and bears in combat without breaking a sweat. (Not that any of the above are real threats to true Americans)