Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The title of his book was something Stephen could appreciate, but from there, the interview went south. Meacham disagreed with Stephen's contention that the Founding Fathers made America a Christian Nation, and even went so far as to claim that Thomas Jefferson cut out all the references to Jesus' divinity in his copy of the Bible.
Stephen nailed him by reminding him that "In God We Trust" is printed right on all of our money.
- American Gospel: God, the Founding Fathers and the Making of a Nation"
- "American Lion: Andrew Jackson in the White House"
January 22, 2009 NailingEdit
- wrote a book about Andrew Jackson whose nickname was old hickory because after he died, they smoked him
- named after an African animal
- America's first black President
- Jackson carried 2 bullets in him
- could have taken Washington
- used veto as a political weapons
- founded American populism
- I am the direct representative of the American people
- why Jackson now
- without Jackson, there wouldn't have been a Lincoln
- Jackson's regrets: shot Calhoun, hanged Henry Clay
- Meacham bashes South Carolina
- last time he bashed Stephen's church
- Jackson's inaugural
- people clogging on the table
- lots of beer
- a big wheel of cheese
- White House became a frat house
- Jackson had a solemn oath, sensible address
- spiked punch was put on the lawn, people crawled out the windows to get it