Dr. Diamond is the kind of scientist who does not believe in eugenics or phrenology. He also doesn't think that people from the fictional country of Africa could harness a plow to a rhino, milk giraffes or ride zebras.
It is from this perspective that Dr. Diamond comes up with his whacky theories. In his book, Guns, Germs and Steel Diamond blasphemes his heritage by stating that God blessed the white peoples of Europe with the best weather, but not the best genes or head shapes. Diamond also claims that all anyone need to conquer other civilizations is not a leader who hears the Voice of God, but the best crops and animals from the Fertile Crescent.
Whatever advice Diamond tried to give regarding the conquering of societies is moot: Dr. Colbert reminded him that all the choice indiginous people have already been conquered.
Without anything relevant to the modern world, Diamond bashed rock-paper-scissors as not having "expedited society". This drew audible gasps from "The Colbert Report" audience and a quick nailing from Dr. Colbert.
- The Third Chimpanzee: The Evolution and Future of the Human Animal
- Guns Germs and Steel
- Why Is Sex Fun?: The Evolution of Human Sexuality
- Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed
- The theme for Stephen's prom was also guns, germs and steel!
- Dr. Diamond also appeared in a segment of Stephen Colbert's Survivor Tales