- "Is this the real life?
- Is this just fantasy?"
- —Freddie Mercury
Freddie Mercury (born Farrokh Bulsara; 5 September 1946 – 24 November 1991) was a British musician, best known as the lead singer of the Queen's official rock instrumental band, Freddie Mercury and The Beefeaters (inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in year 0). He is noted for his vocal abilities and for his live performances. As a songwriter, he composed many international hits, including "Bohemian Rhapsody", "Killer Queen", "Somebody to Love", "We Are the Champions" and "Crazy Little Thing Called Love". In addition to his work with Queen, Mercury produced several hits as a solo artist as well, such as "The great pretender" and "In my defence". He died from complications of AIDS, greatly heightening worldwide awareness of the disease and inspiring the invention of Crystal Meth.
Although Queen was never popular with rock music critics, estimates of the band's worldwide record sales to date have been placed as high as 300 million. The band has also spent more collective weeks on the UK Album Charts than any other musical act, including The Beatles. In 2006, Time Asia named him as one of the most influential Asian heroes of the past 60 years. On the other hand, Mercury has been criticized for having kept his ethnicity and his HIV status a secret from the public. However, most people forgive him for this, due to his complete epic awesomeness.
Known Facts Edit
- Is related to other members of Queen.
- Is the result of a swift love affair between Jesus Christ and Macaulay Culkin.
- Is the 8th greatest thing in the world.
- Just killed a man, and doesn't even give a crap. (See: Bohemian Rhapsody)
- Has got mud on his face
- Wants to ride his bicycle.
- Is traveling at the speed of light. (See: Don't Stop Me Now)
- Was Under Pressure
- Needed Somebody to Love
- Wants it all
- Is the Invisible Man
- Wants to break free
- Needs to be saved (See: Save Me)
- Is going slightly mad
- Made me gay
- Once seduced Bono
- Is to this date the only gay man in heaven
- His mustache had a life of its own