Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Mattel unveiled a diamond-encrusted 1:64 scale Hot Wheels Car at the American International Toy Fair in New York City, 16 February 2008.
The one-of-a-kind "toy" was designed by Jason of Beverly Hills and is valued at $140,000, but will be auctioned off at the end of 2008 to benefit Big Brothers and Big Sisters.
- the frame of the car is made with 18-karat white gold
- The Hot Wheels® flame logo (on the undercarriage) is lined with black and white diamonds
- micro pave-set brilliant blue diamonds were used to mimic the Hot Wheels® Spectraflame blue paint
- red rubies were used for the tail lights
- black diamonds and red enamel create the "red line" tires
- under the functional hood the "engine" is encrusted with micro pave-set white and black diamonds
- a total of 2,700 diamonds were used
- there are approximately 23 carats in total weight
- a custom-made case contains 40 individual white diamonds, one for each year that Hot Wheels have been made
REUTERS/Shannon Stapleton (UNITED STATES), Copyright © 2008 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved. Copyright © 2008 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved.
In accordance with TITLE 17 > CHAPTER 1 > § 107, this file is believed to be covered by the fair use clause as a work of parody.
Appears on these pages
BBC Hey...how you doin'?--WatchTVEatDonutDrinkBeer 22:11, 19 February 2008 (UTC)
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||22:04, February 19, 2008||399 × 280 (69 KB)||WatchTVEatDonutDrinkBeer||Mattel unveiled a diamond-encrusted 1:64 scale Hot Wheels Car at the American International Toy Fair in New York City, 16 February 2008. The one-of-a-kind "toy" was designed by Jason of Beverly Hills and is valued at $140,000, but will be auctioned off a|