Noun, Mod. Am. usage
Debt is the impractical measure of how much you owe, or the portion of your purchases that you can't really afford, so you leave that for your children and grandchildren to pay. They're young. They can work off the tab for your party. The solution to debt is the massive manufacture of high-quality chocolate (see below). Althought Debt is synonymous with Credit, it is actually the end result thereof.
For the practical measure of Debt, and the debt-rewards program, see Debt-Miles.
Synonyms: Credit, Stimulus Programs, Government Bonds, Debentures, Ponzi Scheme, "Bad Bank", Bailouts (Banks, Auto industry, Insurers, Wall Street and other billionares etc etc.)
Antonyms: Cash, Hard currency, Precious Metals, Wampum, African Trade Beads, Cocaine, Salt, Shekels, Spondylus, Ponies, Chocolate.
- Hot, Wet Debt Action!
- Un-american traitors that failed to pay their debt
- welfare queens harassing banks
- Debt Collection Agency goes bankrupt, libural welfare queen steals from hard working Americans again!
- Commie hippies refuse to pay debt to save America's economy
- Series of Tubes Debt Police tracks down thieves
- How Debt is good for the free market
- Debt Collection agency wins 'Best Business Award' of the year