Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
David Leonhardt joined Stephen at the C Desk on January 30, 2007 to discuss his New York Times article "ECONOMIX; What $1.2 Trillion Can Buy."
Leonhardt's thesis is that if we had just let Saddam hang himself, we'd have 1.2 trillion to spend on pet projects of both the right and left wings of America. Like rebuilding New Orleans, treating diabetes, and buying every illegal alien in America an ice cream cone.
Sounds like Leonhardt's been smoking the Old Gray Lady.
Stephen's List Of What $1.2 Trillion Could BuyEdit
Also known as the Sky Mall Catalog
- 5 billion inflatable backyard movie screens and
- 5000 AquaGolf sets
- Feeding 150,000 U.S. troops $1000 omelettes three times a day for eight years
January 6, 2009 NailingEdit
- better to find out that gold is nothing rather than finding out that gold was a steaming pile of crap
- regulation never helps
- no one uncovered it, Bernie Madoff admitted it himself
- we owe him a debt of gratitude
- Bernie sent gifts out to his friends, family
- to get rid of valuables
- Hiding Gold
- send me your gold!
- endorsed by Dave Leonhardt of the New York Times!