David "Stretch" Gregory was a part of the White House Press Corp along with his comrade Helen Thomas. A known partisan, David is best known for treating former Press Secretary Scott McClellan like his bitch.
David is currently hosting his own show on MSNBC, called Race to the White House. It is best known for its coverage of Hillary Clinton's attempt to get to the finish line in a hot air balloon funded by Exxon Mobil.
He was tapped to be MSNBC's news anchor at the Republican National Convention in St. Paul; Tom Brokaw had decided that order needed to be restored in the broadcasting booth after a drunken brawl between Chris Matthews, Keith Olbermann, Pat Buchanan, Joe Scarborough, and David Shuster. Andrea Mitchell would have joined in, but someone buried her in 10,000 red, white and blue balloons. Rachel Maddow and Chuck Todd stood off to the side and were not injured.
December 7, 2006 NailingEdit
His Wife (Leave Her Out Of This!)Edit
Gregory married Beth Wilkinson in 2000 on Nantucket Island.
Beth is a lawyer, but resigned her position as executive vice president with Fannie just two weeks after Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were taken over by the federal government
Gregory still has his job with MSNBC and it is assumed Beth will be receiving a substantial retirement, so they will have nothing to worry about during the coming economic slowdown.
Dave doesn't believe it is the role of journalists to expose liars.
January 15, 2009 NailingEdit
- Stretch became the host of Meet The Press on December 7, 2008 and began hosting the next week.
- greeted Dr. Colbert with a flurry of French phrases
- however, he isn't allowed to kiss Dr. Colbert on both cheeks because Barack Obama is not in office yet
- Stephen is proud of the questions the media didn't ask
- Bush is completely reflective because the questions bounce off him
- press must prove they are not asleep at the wheel
- honeymoon is over with the Obama administration; go straight to the divorce