Christian High School Groups are a good way for you to get your school involved in working fo the Lord. This page should show you some things to think about BEFORE, WHILE, and AFTER starting a group.
Does Your School Need A Christian Group?Edit
Every school needs some Christian influence. Whether you go to a public school, private school, or a homeschool organization, an organized group of people being the shining light of the world(Matthew 5:16) has oppourtunity. You do need to take precautions before rallying your fellow believers. Causing fights and disrupting order is not to be taken lightly.
How To Start A Christian Group At Your SchoolEdit
- Find a Christian Group that has already been established and is fully functional
- Ask a local youth pastor or a church pastor for advice on how to start a group
- Even with good intent, you will still need funds; find an adult who will commit to helping financially
- Do not make it about yourself. YOU are not starting a group, GOD is working through you to further his kingdom(Acts 1:8).
How to Choose A Name For Your GroupEdit
There are several general types of names for Christian High School Groups:
- Names that describe what the group does for Our Lord and Savior
- Names that encourage other people
- Names that represent what the group will stand for, but NOT putting another group down
- your group name contains the initials "WWJ"
- your group name can include the name of the sponsor of the group
Words To Use/AvoidEdit
- Avoid anything that has or comes from a negative context.
- EXAMPLE: We are vicious for the truth. Vicious is a word that pertains to violence. Passion is a much better word in this situation.
- Try using a word in a sentence positively, and if it works, then you can use it.
- EXAMPLE: I can benefit others through my work. Benefit is a word that pertains to helping other people. It is a good word choice.
- The Lord's Workmanship(comes from Ephesians 2:10 - For we are God's workmanship, created in Jesus Christ to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.)