Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Christian High School Groups are a good way for you to get your school involved in working fo the Lord. This page should show you some things to think about BEFORE, WHILE, and AFTER starting a group.
Does Your School Need A Christian Group?Edit
Every school needs some Christian influence. Whether you go to a public school, private school, or a homeschool organization, an organized group of people being the shining light of the world(Matthew 5:16) has oppourtunity. You do need to take precautions before rallying your fellow believers. Causing fights and disrupting order is not to be taken lightly.
How To Start A Christian Group At Your SchoolEdit
- Find a Christian Group that has already been established and is fully functional
- Ask a local youth pastor or a church pastor for advice on how to start a group
- Even with good intent, you will still need funds; find an adult who will commit to helping financially
- Do not make it about yourself. YOU are not starting a group, GOD is working through you to further his kingdom(Acts 1:8).
How to Choose A Name For Your GroupEdit
There are several general types of names for Christian High School Groups:
- Names that describe what the group does for Our Lord and Savior
- Names that encourage other people
- Names that represent what the group will stand for, but NOT putting another group down
- your group name contains the initials "WWJ"
- your group name can include the name of the sponsor of the group
Words To Use/AvoidEdit
- Avoid anything that has or comes from a negative context.
- EXAMPLE: We are vicious for the truth. Vicious is a word that pertains to violence. Passion is a much better word in this situation.
- Try using a word in a sentence positively, and if it works, then you can use it.
- EXAMPLE: I can benefit others through my work. Benefit is a word that pertains to helping other people. It is a good word choice.
- The Lord's Workmanship(comes from Ephesians 2:10 - For we are God's workmanship, created in Jesus Christ to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.)