Cats is a musical based on the writings of e.e. cummings.
The long-running show first premiered at Gerald Ford's Theater on the night that President Abraham Lincoln was assasinated by John Wilkes Booth. It is performed by a cast of kittens dressed as choo-choo trains, who roller skate around James Earl Jones, who plays an African or something.
This should not be considered a real musical. It is just a bunch of fools with good dance training and a really bored make-up and wardrobe team. Stephen sat through it once, and he thought he was going to kill himself.
Please note: this list is incomplete.
- I'm Just A Naughty Pussy
- Cat Scratch Fever
- Can't Keep My Claws Off (Of You)
- Gay Cat Strut
- These Paws Were Made for Tearing Up Your New Furniture
- The show is over four hours long and there are 1700 costume changes. However, no one changes the litter box.
- No one who has ever starred in Cats has ever gone on to do anything worthwhile.
- The cast of the Australian version was made up of British criminals who were forced to perform as part of their labor.