Carol Gay, The Fightin' Gay, was the Democratic candidate for New Jersey's 4th District, The Fightin' Fourth! Gay against Chris Smith, the Republican representative of this district, who is a coward. She was interviewed by Stephen Colbert on the October 12, 2006 edition of Better Know A District. Stephen's staff worked around the clock for weeks to offer up the following campaign slogans to Ms. Gay:
- Carol Gay--Let's Gay-up New Jersey!
- Time for a change, Go Gay!
- Your first Gay experience won't be your last.
- Her policies are reprehensible.
- Wants to raise taxes.
- Prefers to be called Carol Homosexual.
- Had no chance of winning election.
- Ran for office because she thinks the Bush Administration is failing, but supports Bush's removal of Saddam from power.
- Is a flip-flopping, cut-and-runner.
- Will add the word Crumbelievable to her ad, if she knows what's good for her.
- Was awarded a Colbert Report TV Campaign Ad Makeover because although Stephen doesn't support her, he does support good television.
Lyrics of Carol Gay's Colbert Report TV Campaign Ad MakeoverEdit
New Jersey's oh so gay
Your first Gay experience
won't be your last!