has been a
A libertarian is something like a Republican, except different. More precisely, libertarians are defined by the following equation:
Libertarians are conservatives, but without the religiosity. Some say they are liberal Republicans, like Ron Paul and John Stossel. They take the economic freedoms that the Republicans advocate and the personal freedoms that the Democrats advocate and create one party that is not contradictory like the others, in that they always advocate smaller government.
There are two novels that can change a fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.
The Founding FathersEdit
As Ayn Rand's gut taught us, the libertarian movement's roots can be traced back all the way to the Founding Fathers, who were staunch supporters of small government, factoids, pot, big powerful bosses, and gratuitous unclothed girl-boobs. Ben Franklin did not use state money to build a hospital and Thomas Jefferson was most certainly an opponent of public education. Libertarians, therefore, are the true intellectual heirs of the Founders, the torch-bearers of True Classical Liberalism — in contrast to the self-styled "liberals" who have treasonously usurped the "liberalism" label.
The perfect guide to Libertarianism: The Ten RulesEdit
1)Be a male,straight,caucasian,preferably US and high income(much better if the money were "gained" by family privilege or inheritance) citizen.
2)Worship Milton Friedman as your God and Ayn Rand as your Godness
3)2 of 3 non science-fiction/fantasy book that you have ever read in your life are Ayn Rand's book and the other is a course of very basilar economy
4)Believe that a society dominated by a unchecked metaphysical market where everyone ultimate goal at life is to make more money than everyone else (no matter how) is the best socio-economic-philosophic system and the maximum peak of human civilization ever
5)Think that poor are poor because toooo lazy,that the 1% people who share the 35% of total wealth desperately need a tax cut and Bill Gates is a much better person than most of the world population
6)Concept like "externalization","monopoly","imperfect/asymetral information","market failure","Bargaining power","exploitation" must be aliene to you (or fucking liberal commie myth!!)
7)Convince yourself that the dogmatic "Tax is a theft" "governments always do wrong" "markets always do the best" slogan are self-evident because....yeah are self-evident! No matter if History is against you
8)Vote Republican even if in your opinion they are just anti-drugs,pro-war,anti-abortion,anti-science,anti-gay,bible-humper nuts.They will give you a tax cut after all.
9)Want to privatize school,privatize the road,privatize the police,privatize the park, maybe even privatize the water,privatize the air........yeah great IDEA...privatize the air! After all if everyone must pay for the air their breath everyone will work harder and the GDP(that is the only indicator of human development and happyness in libertariantopia) will increase!!
10)Most Important! When the "fiscal conservative" and the neoliberalism policy fail always blame the filthy socialism and state intervation!! the market CAN'T FAIl...it CAN'T fail...because....milton friedman says that!
David Nolan and the Libertarian PartyEdit
One fine day, a man named David Nolan decided to unite all the intellectual heirs of True Classical Liberalism into a political party. To do this, he needed a way to identify the True Libertarians from the huge sea of Americans out there. From the equation given above, one would think the most obvious way would be to use this questionnaire:
- Do you like smoking pot? Yes/No
- Do you like ogling pictures of hot sexy gun-toting naked chicks? Yes/No
- Do you disbelieve in the Baby Jesus? Yes/No
- (if you answered Yes to all of the above) Other than all that, are you in fact a Republican? Yes/No
However, Nolan's gut quickly realized that this would not do. He therefore took the above questions and corrected them to account for the liberal bias inherent in reality — and the result was a 10-question "Nolan Quiz".
In the Nolan Quiz, each respondent was asked to answer 10 questions, and a libertarian soothsayer would then tally up the answers and plot the result on the "Nolan Chart", an esoteric diagram which looks like it came straight out of the Qabbalah. From this, the soothsayer would divine the respondent's political leanings.
In any case, the Nolan Quiz turned out to be a mixed success in the political arena. Many hidden libertarians, after taking the quiz, immediately emerged from the closet and loudly proclaimed their libertarianism to the world. They immediately started to openly ogle at pictures of naked chicks with guns, naked chicks without guns, naked libertarian texts, and the naked Constitution. But just as immediately, many of them discovered that
- the Republican Party and support base was much, much, much bigger than the Libertarian party;
- the Democratic party was too pantsy, and besides they were treasonous;
- similarly, all the other parties were either treasonous, or not macho enough, or both; and
- endless mountains of falafel await those who go Republican.
Indeed, the allure of falafel was just too hard to resist, and most libertarians switched camps and rooted for the Republicans instead (though these new-found Republicans insist to this very day that they have nonconformistically transcended the Left-Right divide and are in fact not Republicans, even if they eventually vote Republican).
A few libertarians actually stayed with Nolan's party. (Many of them would run for office on a "I'm a college student!" platform, lose, and spend the rest of their days whoring for attention on the Internets.)
It doesn't matter much now though since Rand would hate modern red states
Ye Olde Chronicles of ye Epic Anti-Idiotarian WarsEdit
The Libertarians' Struggle Against Everyone Else came to a head just before the Iraq War. To defeat the enemies of libertarianism (i.e. all non-libertarians), the webmaster — what is his name again? — of the Little Green Footballs warblog invented a powerful bloviatory weapon, the Anti-Idiotarian Missile. The libertarian software pundit Eric S. Raymond bought truckloads of these weapons, and in no time the macho-smacho Republicans and the namby-pamby librulz alike were being bombarded with "idiotarian" epithets from all fronts.
The weapons inflicted little damage on the Republicans however, because a design glitch caused them not to hit war supporters (and because, well, Republicans are macho).
The libertarians' atheist and almost terrorist attacks on God-loving Republicans would ordinarily have condemned them to a lifetime of imprisonment in Gitmo. However, the all-merciful God spared them from this punishment, on account of their support for the second amendment.
Famous libertarians throughout the ages include
- Friedrich Nietzsche's gut;
- the Founding Fathers — all the Founders were Libertarian, except when they were not;
- Albert Einstein, scientist and science author;
- Robert Heinlein, science fiction author;
- Ayn Rand, pulp fiction author;
- Murray Rothbard, who did not like being told that Mozart was a Red;
- David Nolan, of course;
- Friedrich von Hayek, economist, cognitive psychologist, and free market lover;
- the Little Green Footballs guy;
- Eric Raymond;
- Ron Paul, who unlike Raymond just wants to pull out of Iraq;
- John Popper, Libertarian rocker;
- the guys who created South Park;
- George Costanza;
- L. Ron Hubbard (before he founded $cientology)
- that one guy on my favorite website who isn't really a libertarian
- actor Kurt Russell; and
- a lot more chicks than this list shows.
- ↑ For some critiques of the Nolan Quiz from a Stalinist point of view, see
- ↑ Some libertarians tried to reverse this trend by tempting Godly Republicans to the dark side with guns and pot. But considering that the Republican party had guns and falafel...
- ↑ Rothbard, for example, explained that he voted for the Republican party because it contained a "libertarian" faction which turned out to be anti-libertarian:
- Rothbard, Murray (1994). Newt Gingrich is No Libertarian. The Washington Post.
- ↑ One such libertarian blogger calls herself an "atheist libertarian feminist geek girl", which is a pretty impressive string of buzzwords if you think about it. Here, the term "geek" means someone who watches cheesy TV shows like Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
- ↑ Actually one front, but this is a figure of speech, you know.
- ↑ These chicks have been shown without guns. However, their blogs assure us that they take out their weapons as soon as they get home, and that they immediately get naked and sweaty with them.
- ↑ Not to be confused with Nietzsche the person.
- ↑ Anyone who claims that Einstein was a collectivist socialist is just being jealous.
- ↑ Some say that Objectivism is not libertarianism, ergo Ayn Rand is not a libertarian. They are wrong.
- ↑ Not to be confused with Salma Hayek.
- ↑ Popper embodies the spirit of the Founding Fathers by being Libertarian, except when he is not. Then, like all true Libertarians, he is a Republican.
- ↑ But beware: some of the "libertarian chicks" on the Internets may well be horny male pedophiles sent out by the Left. You never know.
- Pandagon: How to Explain Things to Libertarians
- alicublog: Bullshit Libertarians
- Mike Huben: Libertarianism in One Lesson
- Mike Huben: Libertarianism in One Lesson; The Second Lesson
- Libtard demands "humane" treatment and complains of "deplorable conditions" in
- 10 signs you are a Libertarian
- Libertarians to hijack the Tea Party movement!
- Libertarians Gone Wild!
- The History of Libertarianism
- The Triumph of Libertarianism: The Burning of free-loaders
- Libertarians to build new country, "Rapture: a Libertarian Paradise"
- Afghanistan: Libertarian Paradise
- Free market based highway system: The profits are here!
- Libertarians demand more freedom to own bigger and better pets.