I find it difficult to believe that HRH Colbert would support the Union in The War of Northern Aggression.Paganize 01:39, 22 April 2007 (UTC)
- I don't think so. Obviously, none of us can really speak for "Stephen." However, consider the following:
- Lincoln was a Republican, as Our Glorious Stephen has frequently pointed out.
- Lincoln was the Union.
- Stephen has said "everybody was for ending slavery... ."
- It is the distance between Union-supporting, slavery-ending Republicans, and openly white supremacist "Aryan Nationists" that allows "Independents" like Papa Bear and Rush to claim their moral authority - it's like the inability to see race.
- Careful disavowal versus full embrace allows you to say much more hateful things. Like, "I know this is not PC, but you're a ... " versus "You're a ...". You can get away with so much more in the first formulation.
I just can't believe that Stephen would think of this war in these terms, even if he expressed sympathy for the South (he is, after all, from South Carolina). And I say all this as a "Southerner" myself. I believe he might make use of the term "War of Northern Aggression" (satirically), but I don't believe that would be his primary viewpoint on the war. And this is an incredibly loaded term for people who do actually live in the South, akin to denying the Holocaust. Stephen does NOT deny that the Civil War happened. As noted above, he celebrates the founding of Republican moral authority in Lincoln's having "freed the slaves." People who use the term "War of Northern Aggression" are quick to point out that "The Civil War" had "very little to do with slavery." Nixo-facto, I believe this should remain a redirect to the truthier name - Civil War or American Civil War or perhaps even Lincoln's War. Any of those seem closer to Stephen's expressed views, given what we've seen so far on The Report. --thisniss 00:35, 8 May 2007 (UTC)
- Also, there was nothing civil about it; the North attacked The South, so WONA reflects the truthiness of the actual war itself.--WatchTVEatDonutDrinkBeer 00:45, 8 May 2007 (UTC)