Russell Simmons is an American entrepenuer, hip-hop icon and fashion magnate.
Simmons is a founder of Def Jam records and the CEO of Phat Farm clothing, which are both hugely popular with suburban white kids.
He was Stephen's guest on the April 23, 2007 edition of The Colbert Report.
- Do You!: 12 Laws to Access the Power in You to Achieve Happiness and Success
- Life and Def: Sex, Drugs, Money + God
A long discussion of race and white people's insistence on putting a question mark after any statement a black person makes
Russell gave Stephen a bracelet of malachite beads with a one carat rough diamond, in order to help raise awarness for Yogi Bear's African school
The sercet to being successful is to find a connection to the thing inside that unifies us all: anger?
russell allows Oprah to rule him
oprah named his book
Stephen's First Law of Success: Be your own man.
cannot explain the name of his own book
gave dr colbert jewelry
(might have been a proposal, bribe or sacrificial offering)
his book is hip-hop's "dianetics"
has had many hip-hop summits (65 in the past year) but has never invited Stephen to any of them - until now. Stephen was officially invited to the next hip-hop convention in Atlanta.
in addition to the hip hop summit, Mr. Simmons also stages comedy shows for the deaf, which are jammed with jokes.
12 step programEdit
- We admitted we were powerless over alcohol—that our lives had become unmanageable.
- Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
- Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
- Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
- Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
- Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
- Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
- Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
- Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
- Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
- Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
- Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.