Ellen DeGeneres is the whimsical host of the day-time talk show "The Ellen DeGeneres Show." Ellen is considered by many in Hollywood to be a "dual threat," as she is both a noted comedienne and a famous lesbianne. Ellen's unique combination of gifts made her the perfect candidate to host the 79th Annual Academy Awards ceremony on February 25, 2007.
On December 5, 2007, she showed where his allegiances lie: he crossed a picket line of striking writers to host a show with guest Jenna Bush, who then called her daddy, The Greatest President Ever — live and on the air — to discuss their non-icky love for each other!
That's showin' those damn hippie writers, Ellen!
You get those ratings, girl!
The DeGeneres ParadoxEdit
On the February 1, 2007 episode of The Colbert Report, Stephen Colbert expressed concern that Ellen might dance too well at the 2007 Oscars, causing him to become attracted to her. Since Ellen is known to be a lesbian, Stephen was unsure about what this attraction would make him. He asked the heroes to email him and tell him.
- Ellen DeGeneres was the first famous TV lesbian to be openly lesbionic on the TV. So we should basically blame (or thank, depending on your point of view) her for emboldening all the others who came later.
- Ellen DeGeneres and Conan O'Brien may be the same person. Both like to dance badly on talk shows and both prefer the ladies. Both exert a strangely hypnotic attractive force that Stephen Colbert finds difficult to resist, while at the same time unbearable to consider. Coincidence? You decide.
- To find out whether they are the same person, they must have a dance-off. If both of them show up, they are clearly different people... or are they?
There's Hope for Her YetEdit
Way to go, Ellen!
- Are you aroused by Ellen's dancing? Judge for yourself
- Visit Ellen's Oscars Blog