For decades families have gathered together to play Monopoly. It's been a great way for parents to prepare their kids for the numerous bankruptcies they'll face later in life, and a prime source of financial humiliation.
Patriotic playing pieces Edit
- The WMD - play as one of Saddam's secret weapons and 'nuke' the opposition!
- Cheney's pacemaker - a great way of honoring the VP. Just don't make any sudden noises!
- Big Brass Balls - Pretend you are Stephen Colbert!
- The Chainsaw that the Greatest President Ever uses to clear brush - a great way of honouring the POTUS!
Truthy places Edit
- World Trade Center - remember where the greatness started...
- The Daily Show Studios - remember where the greatness started...
- The Colbert Report Studios - remember where the greatness started...
Exciting Colbert-centric event cards Edit
- You sell your sperm for cold, hard cash. Collect $1,000,000.
- Your new fragrace, Scorn For Heroes, is picked up by Bloomingdale's. Collect $50,000.
Colbopoly: The Subprime Mortage Crisis of 2008 Edition Edit
The new edition comes with new properties:
($85 billion) ($112.8 billion) ($152.8 billion) (all your money!!!)
Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac (Federally owned)
Washington Mutual (really… you have to ask?)
This new edition also comes with new Chance and Community Chest cards:
- AIG needs bailout money so executives can rest in luxury hotels; all players must give 10% of their money to the government.
- The bank forecloses all your properties. You are homeless!!
- Bank approves your loan with VERY attractive interest rates.
And much more!!
Coming soon: Colbopoly global edition, “Colbopoly: The Global Financial Crisis of 2008 Edition”